Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Barbequing Flesh; Cheating on Meat

"Barbeque" means to cook outdoors on a grill. But I bake meat with three flavorings: sweet and sour and spices - in the indoors oven at a very low temperature for at least 8 hours and the ribs taste wonderful.
The low temperature in cooking with sweeteners avoids the Maillard reaction, which gives toxic carcinogens and has other bad effects upon nutrients.
For "sweet" I use sugar, honey, fruit or omit entirely. For "sour" I use wine, vinegar, lemon or any citrus juice or omit it entirely. For "spices" I use thyme, turmeric, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, or the nightshade chilis or anything else or omit them entirely.
As soon as I got out of bed early this morning, I put some ribs into a covered baking dish. I covered them with hot spices very freely. I put on the spices with the intent to make them too hot to eat. The spices were whole dried cayenne and various chili peppers I finely cut up with scissors. I thickly spread on the hot chilis. I baked them in the oven 30 minutes at 400 degrees, and now will keep cooking them for twelve hours at 175 degrees.
I meant to put them into the oven last night right before I went to bed and let them cook overnight and all day at 175 degrees. This seems to be the best way to get that good barbeque taste, spice it as strongly as you can and cook it as long as you can.
An angry word to the butcher: Lately when one buys ribs, there is a groove cut between the bones where someone has cut out the meat and robbed it! This is abhorrent! I will not buy ribs that have been mutilated in this manner to cheat me of my meat!
A cautious word for health: All chilis, peppers, paprika (not black pepper) are nightshades in the Solanaceae plant family. My research shows that a protein in nightshades bioaccumulates in the human body around the joints as it ages and over time can cause arthritis. A youthful, healthy body will flush out these toxins but the more you eat and the older you are, the higher your chance for arthritis. Solanaceae includes deadly nightshade, belladonna, jimson weed, nicotine tobacco, paprika, bell peppers, cayenne peppers, all chilis, tomatoes, eggplants, and potatoes. It may be that potatoes are less harmful since one eats the root instead of the fruit. But potato leaves can be deadly. So I try to avoid all the nightshades and I will eat sparingly or none of today's barbeque.
My non-nightshade barbeque sauce uses salt, honey, turmeric, ground mustard seed, black pepper, finely minced ginger, and vinegar. But yesterday Charlie expressed a taste for nightshade barbequed ribs.

2 comments:

  1. what about the cleanses that people do which involve cayenne, lemon juice and maple syrup...i believe its called the master cleanse. what are your thoughts on this? is a small amount of poison such as cayenne in line with the philosophy of homeoapthy...like cures like? what are your thoughts about the cleanse and homeopathy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like the master cleanse. It's for the intestines. I prefer Hulda Clark's grapefruit juice and olive oil liver cleanse, if one feels the need. I believe the intestines clean themselves with their own bacteria and need no other help. Water is the best detoxifier and I am against the high colonics. Apples are best for the intestines which clean themselves. Lactobacilli ferments are good to restore intestinal health, these are the kind of pickles, sauerkrauts, beet kvass, yogurts, kefir, sour cream and sour foods that need refrigeration.
    As for homeopathy, I think it works at least 50%. But I cannot see that cayenne would in any way cure nightshade arthritis which is a gradual lifetime build-up of molecules in the joint cartilage. Water and exercise might move the toxic molecules out of the cartilage, but I think cayenne would just add another molecule to the bioaccumulation.
    In the intestine, cayenne would be an irritant and would disturb the normal bacteria and cause the feces to be more watery. The gut bacteria do adjust to a person who eats cayenne every day and cayenne would not affect a person who had developed bowel bacteria acclimated to cayenne.
    People who eat beans occasionally will pass flatus, but those who eat beans daily will not because their gut bacteria have adjusted to the beans.

    ReplyDelete