Friday, May 15, 2009

May 15, 2009 - Jan's birthday

Happy birthday to you, Jan! Just heard Julie's dad is ill, condolences and a fast recovery wished. Health is so important, and I can tell a difference from what I eat. Tomorrow is the first day of the farmers' market and I look forward to buying. Yesterday I made my medieval baked dish of turnips, rutabagas, layered with sardines, anchovies, black olives and Jarlsberg swiss cheese. Charlie made a wonderful stir-fry dish of chopped cabbage and chopped beef sausage. We are waiting for a Netflix movie, "Captain Newman, MD" starring Bobby Darrin who was nominated for an Oscar for this role. We will probably receive it tomorrow. Just returned "Boogie Nights" which I had been wanting to see for years, it was not that good because the writing and plot were choppy but the casting was excellent. Jan's blog is getting a lot of action, go to www.janicebrenman.com and leave your comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment